Involvement in middle school sport and physical activity programs outside of the regular curricular physical education classes provide countless positive benefits for middle school students. Middle school sport programs are based upon developmentally appropriate ways that focus on student needs and interests.
Benefits of Sport Participation includes the following:
- Improvement of motor skills
- Improvement in physical fitness
- Enhancement of normal physical and social growth and maturation
- Improvement of socialization
- Improvement in self-esteem, self-perception
- Improvement in psychological-being